Weekend activities can be carried out at Volunteers’ own expense and can be arranged prior to arrival directly with the activity company, or through the Volunteer Facilitator upon arrival at the volunteer house. Please provide at least 4 days notice to the Volunteer Facilitator before the day of the activity.
- Port Elizabeth – whether looking for gifts or perusing the flea market along the quay side on a Sunday morning, or a nice meal out sampling some of the delicious fish caught off-shore, there is plenty to do wthin P.E at weekends
- Southern Shores Adventures – offering Quad biking, abseiling, mountain biking, hiking, day trips and safaris. Based in the Sundays River Valley, Kirkwood.
- White Shark Africa – offering day trips which involve cage dives and shark watching just off the coast line of Mossel Bay.
- Captain George’s Ocean Charters – offering dolphin and whale watching, beachfront and ocean cruises, fishing charters and deep sea fishing charters. Located just off the coast of Port Elizabeth.
- Nukakamma Canoe Trail – a flat water trail for gentle canoeing along the ‘Hudson area of the Sundays River, approximately 14.5km upriver with accommodation and camping offered overnight.
- Addo Elephant Back Safaris – Adjacent to Addo National Park offering elephant back safaris and lodge accommodation.
- Mosslands Two River Trail – Lodge accommodation with beautiful walks within the Kareiga and Assegaai River Valleys – ideal for bird watching and tranquillity.
- Monkey Land and Birds of Eden – Plettenberg Bay – two sanctuaries offering a personal experience with monkeys and birds, renowned for their rehabilitation work.
- The Craggs Elephant Sanctuary – offering walking with elephants through the bush with amazing sunrise and sunset views. Located at The Craggs, just before Plettenberg Bay.
- Arctic Storm Boat Charters – offering fishing trips, boat charters and cruises along beautiful coastline near Port Elizabeth.
- Skydive – Plettenberg Bay – 20 minute scenic plane flight followed by a 35 second freefall and then parachute down, seeing South Africa from a very different angle.
- Ocean Blue Marine Adventures – boat-based tours of Plettenburg Bay and the Garden Route coastline.
- Addo National Park – One of the South Africa’s most famous National Parks devoted to elephants, and right on the doorstep of Paterson.
- Golf– Amakhala is situated close to the Gary Player designed golf course in Alicedale.
var _gaq = _gaq || ;
ga.src = ('https:' == document.location.protocol ? 'https://ssl' : 'http://www') + '.google-analytics.com/ga.js';
var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script'); s.parentNode.insertBefore(ga, s);